April 29, 2017
Have you ever worked beside a nurse who complained a lot? This person complains about both things they have control over and those that they do not. There is nothing wrong in venting once in a while but if you are that person who complains all the time. Stop it!
Your co-workers are probably too kind to tell you but your constant complaining makes a long work day even longer. While it is true that there are sometimes reasons to complain, remember to channel it the right route.
Here are five signs to watch out for to know if you are a constant complainer
- Your co-workers’ expression falls when they realize that they have to work with you on a shift
- You lately find yourself talking to an empty room because everyone finds an excuse to leave the room when you start
- People no longer join in the discussion with you- they have already heard the talk so many times
- People talk about you behind your back
- Your co-workers have a nick-name for you, something like Debbie-downer
If you are a constant complainer, find that one person that would listen to you or find another opportunity where you would be more happy. Chances are that by this time, your co-workers are overloaded and no longer want to hear your constant complaints.
April 29, 2017
It is often easy to overlook the importance of having a mentor but choosing the right mentor helps you flourish. if you do it right and are able to select a mentor whose focus is on your growth and development, then you are doing something right.
The importance of mentorship in Nursing cannot be overstated. While it is great to have a mentor at where you work, remember that it does not always have to be so.
Advantages of having a mentor
- You have someone you can trust to ask questions without feeling silly
- Your mentor has had the experience and can help guide you towards avoiding certain pitfalls
- Your mentor helps bring new opportunities your way
- Your mentor is your coach and motivator for those days when you feel discouraged
A mentor can be a great asset to have, so spend time thinking about someone whom you respect and feel would help guide you. It is of no use to have a mentor that is discouraging or that you feel you are a bother to. Find a good mentor.
April 7, 2017
Welcome to My Nurse Consultant
We understand that we cannot be all things to everyone, so we won’t try to be.
- If you are a nurse and are contemplating being in business yourself, this website is for you
- If you have a loved one and having questions about their care, this website is for you
- If you simply want to know more, this website is for you