April 29, 2017
It is often easy to overlook the importance of having a mentor but choosing the right mentor helps you flourish. if you do it right and are able to select a mentor whose focus is on your growth and development, then you are doing something right.
The importance of mentorship in Nursing cannot be overstated. While it is great to have a mentor at where you work, remember that it does not always have to be so.
Advantages of having a mentor
- You have someone you can trust to ask questions without feeling silly
- Your mentor has had the experience and can help guide you towards avoiding certain pitfalls
- Your mentor helps bring new opportunities your way
- Your mentor is your coach and motivator for those days when you feel discouraged
A mentor can be a great asset to have, so spend time thinking about someone whom you respect and feel would help guide you. It is of no use to have a mentor that is discouraging or that you feel you are a bother to. Find a good mentor.
April 7, 2017
Welcome to My Nurse Consultant
We understand that we cannot be all things to everyone, so we won’t try to be.
- If you are a nurse and are contemplating being in business yourself, this website is for you
- If you have a loved one and having questions about their care, this website is for you
- If you simply want to know more, this website is for you