May 9, 2017
When Your Organization’s Culture is Dead
Many things happen when your organization’s culture is dead. A lack of culture precedes a lack of direction and dissatisfaction amongst your employees. This insidiously transfers itself to your clients.
A disengaged employee is far worse than anything you can imagine in the work place- they simply do not care about anything.
If you are a nurse leader and continue to be visible and keep a pulse on the culture of your organization, you have the advantage of being proactive and better able to manage crisis before they arise as opposed to a “leader” who only chases after and constantly tries to play catch up.
Five Helpful Tips to Tell When your Organization Culture is Dead
- Your employees are disengaged
- There is a palpable lack of trust
- Teamwork suffers and it’s every man for himself/ herself
- There is little to no culture
- Ideas are lacking and no one cares