March 20, 2023
Nurses Must Learn to Switch Jobs
Most often,the best way to increase your salary is to switch job. You should not be afraid to switch jobs and get that higher paying salary.
Your goal should be only one thing, which is to to maximize your working years and earning potential and one major by which you can achieve this is to job hopping or switching.
Job hopping used to be sorely frowned upon, when hospitals, organizations were in control but post covid, they are no longer and realize that- hiring managers understand that there is staffing pool is limited and that they must compete for the available talent.
Use this knowledge to the best of your advantage by gaining as much experience as possible and being willing to switch jobs. Gone are the days of loyalty, pensions etc. You must learn to put your interests first when it comes to your career.
Remaining too long at a job that no longer meets your needs tends to create disenchantment, burn out and loss of zeal for your career. In order to keep that from happening, you must switch jobs.One takes a shower daily (or at least daily) to maintain cleanliness, so must one learn to change jobs to reignite the spark.This advice is not for everyone- some people hate change and would rather hunker down and stay with one job that they already know and that is absolutely okay. This advice is for go-getters who want something more and want to maximize their working years and earning potential.Have you recently job-hopped? What did it feel like? How did it make you feel?
March 18, 2021
Choose Mental Health
Over the past year, the growing concern over mental health has been brought into focus.
So how do you take care of your mental health? Below are steps towards keeping your mental health in top form
- Take breaks- Remember to take breaks for yourself. Don’t wait until you are overworked or close to burn out before taking breaks.
- Do what you love- Find a hobby that excites you so that when you are not at work, that you find something positive to channel your energy into.
- Socialize- You are not alone! Remember that. Sometimes sharing your stories and listening to others let you know that you are not alone but have other people to shar with it as well
April 24, 2020
Krucial Staffing: Disaster & Emergency Response Firm
A Staffing firm that deals with emergency preparedness has been one of those in the fore-front of bringing nurses and respiratory therapists to the frontlines in the fight against COVID19.
In responding to COVID19, Krucial Staffing’s actions have been prompt and engaging. If you are looking to supplement your income, this would be a good way to do it.
The staffing firm has had many good stories shared about them by nurses and RTs in the frontlines. The company has its headquarters located in Overland Park, Kansas.
They also have the first Annual Conference scheduled for October 28th– October 30th, 2020 and you can sign up for that here
Nurses on the frontlines, share your stories about Krucial Staffing, our readers would love to hear it!
April 23, 2020
“Less Praise and More PPEs please!”
KP Mendoza was running in Central Park last week when he was flooded by exhaustion, anxiety, guilt, and frustration.
As the relentless pressure of being a nurse battling the pandemic in New York bore down on him, Mendoza began thinking about what could happen if he contracted the coronavirus.
So, at 24, he decided to draft a will.
Mendoza is young and healthy. But treating COVID-19patients, wearing the same N95 mask for hours and even days at a time, forced him to think seriously about dying. It’s all the worse that the US, he said, was woefully unprepared for a pandemic and millions of people have since moved on to dismissing it as a hoax.
Mendoza expressed this maelstrom of emotions on Facebook. His gut-wrenching words have since been shared over 132,000 times, with people thanking him, offering prayers, and lifting him up.
Overwhelmed by the attention and praise, Mendoza, a surgical and transplant ICU nurse at Mount Sinai Hospital, said that he stands by the first sentence of his post: “I am no hero. I am not ready to die.”
Having graduated from New York University in 2018, Mendoza, who considers himself a “baby nurse,” told Business Insider that he is not looking to be a “savior” or a “martyr.”
“This is my first job, and I didn’t sign up to die because I wasn’t protected enough,” he said. “I’m not here to just mitigate my own death. I’m here to do good work and to go home and come back the next day to continue doing good work.”
Article Originally from Business Insider
December 26, 2019
Top 3 APRN JOBS
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthiologist (CRNA)– This is one of the top in-demand jobs for APRN. Nurse anesthetists offer care to patients going into surgery, by giving them anesthesia, and helping to manage patient care in the OR. They also provide follow up care for procedures that are done on an outpatient basis.
Salary Median: 120,000- 150,000 dollars annually
2. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner : With the current trend of mental nursing, an APRN will offer counselling to her patients in an acute, outpatient or office space. They can help patients to deal with addictions, mood disorders, drug abuse and anxiety.
Salary Median: 85,000 to 95,000dollars annually
3. Geriatric or Gerontological Nurse Practitioner: With the aging of baby boomers, geriatic health sector would need more practitioners to provide care and this is a field that continues to grow.
Salary Median: 80,000 to 90,000 dollars annually
Advanced Practise Registered Nurses mostly have autonomy in their practises and with the current trend of healthcare and a move to age in place for the older population, considering a degree in one of these top three is the way to go.
Send E-Mail or comment below to ask questions.